Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The family room is nearly complete!




After nearly three years of using this dark spider infested space for junk, boxes, odds and ends, old college binders you just might need one day; we bit the bullet, forked out the cash, lived with the dust and mess and now have a wonderful new, bright family room, minus the carpet and touch up paint, which I plan on doing, but couldn't bring myself to pull out the brushes again today. Perhaps because I couldn't deal with Macy or Jake's "help" We've already ruined and outfit a piece and Macy put her adorable stamp on several pieces of trim when she began painting them with the wall color...yeah, I'll finish the paint tomorrow.








We are so excited to have a bigger, more family friendly room to watch movies and hang in that we can hardly stand to wait for the carpet. Which should be here any day... just waiting... and waiting...








Dan and I were very pleased with all the things handyman Mckibben did,(he doesn't really go by that, but it seems to work well for this purpose, so we we'll leave it at that) with of course a slight amount of help from us, but we made one very slight error and I know that it will be the first thing that Dan will point out to every one, since he loves to share all our mistakes with others that come to entertain with us, so I am going to get it out of the way right now, so that it never has to be discussed again. Got that Dan? This is it, for all the world to see and then we are going to zip it cause I ain't moving the darn things!








Okay, so here is the dealio, we, okay-I- told them were to put the pendant lights and I swear there was a reason behind it, like there were big black pipes everywhere else and it was our only choice, but we'll never know since the ceiling is all nice and tucked away under a layer of paint, sheet rock and insulation. When we went to hang the pendants once the cabinet was in, we discovered that it didn't hang over the sink--directly-- but more like over the person using the sink. Okay, so I made one teeny, tiny mistake, but who cares? It's not like it's in the kitchen or anything, and it's in a corner far out of every ones provision anyway.








So there you have it in black and white, my first mistake ever! I know, it's pretty amazing isn't it. Besides that one little fop aw, the room has turned out quite nicely, now if we could just get some carpet...waiting...still waiting.

1 comment:

Holly said...

Looks nice! I can't wait to invite myself over when it's finished. :-)