Monday, May 11, 2009

May days










May! It's finally Spring!




So far I am not doing so well with this blogging thing. Hopefully I can get in a rhythm and be more consistent, if not, well, at least you'll hear from us every few months or so.


May happenings:


  • I had a birthday. Still eating cake one week later.

  • Chase had his final guitar concert and did awesome! He even taught me one of the songs, but I've already forgotten it.

  • I planted my flower boxes Saturday. I would take pictures, but my camera decided to have a dead battery. I'll have to do that later. Hopefully the weather is turning and they won't die. I also bought seeds for the garden. I am going to try a few new things this year. beets, onions, watermelon and rasberries. I'm really excited about the rasberries!


  • Was treated like a queen for mother's day. Dan worked so hard he had to have a nap. Poor baby! Zonked out for at least an hour and a half! I just basked in the sun all afternoon!
  • Tomorrow we are going to the Keane concert in SLC for my birthday!!! I am so very excited! I will post after the concert and tell you how this band has been a huge part of my writing experience.
  • Dan and I are preparing for our trip to Spain in June! I am so excited I can hardly stand it



Here are some funnies as of late:










Jake: My brain has been thinking and so I made a deal with it. I could just get off the bus and go right to Tate's house. That way you wouldn't have to take me to baseball at 4:00. (He gets off the bus at noon.) Nice try buddy. Give me another...








Jake: Dad, when you were a little boy did you want to be a Dad?



Dan: Yes Jake, do you?






Jake: Yeah, so I can wrestle them!












Macy: I have a frog in here (points to throat) and it goes ribbit ribbit. She had a sore throat.









Ellie: Home sick from school all last week and being bored, decides to call her friend Nicole at ten in the morning. Nicoles mom laughs that Ellie has forgotten that Nicole is in school. What is that saying about all kids think the world revolves around them?










Which reminds me we watched the Truman show the other night. Oldie but a goody. One of the few Jim Carey movies I can stand. In fact one of my kids said, "Hey that looks kind of like Jim Carey, well sort of."

1 comment:

Browning Buzz said...

Sounds like a great couple of weeks! Are you going to make raspberry jam when you have tons of raspberries?? If so, I want some! :) So yummy! I just introduced Curtis to Keane (I don't know where he's been). I told Curtis I've been listening to them for at least the past 6 years or so...anyway, he loves them now. We'd love to hear about how the concert goes - I'm sure it'll be amazing! Are you getting a new outfit for the concert like the Coldplay concert? :) Oh, and p.s. -I'd love to mow your lawn as long as your mower is self-propelled. Seriously if we lived closer I would do it! I just mowed our lawn. It's something I enjoy doing.
And in your honor, I think I will put some Keane songs on my blog playlist.:)